Visiting Ships > Information for the Public
Planning to visit a ship?
If you are planning to tour a visiting ship for the first time, here are some tips:
- Remember to bring your camera so you don’t miss a great photo opp!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Walking up gangplanks (sometimes quite steep) and around a ship is not easy in high heels or open-back sandals. Heels may damage the deck surface on some vessels.
- If you are wearing a skirt or dress, be prepared for wind gusts.
- You may not be able to carry on large bags due to security restrictions.
- You will not be able to take strollers on board.
- Please avoid taking food or beverages on board.
- Be aware that not all of the crew on a visiting ship may speak English.
- Unfortunately, most ships are not accessible to those with impaired mobility.
- Wear sunscreen. You may have to wait in line or end up spending more time on deck than you expected.
- Have fun!
If you are visiting Baltimore, go toVisit Baltimorefor information on hotels and accommodations, dining and nightlife, attractions, shopping and more.
See ourHarbor Mapfor locations of visiting ships and events.
See ourSchedulefor a complete list of visiting ships and events.